Panacur 22% Granules
Panacur is a wormer that treats several types of worms including roundworm, tapeworm and lungworm.
Adult dogs: For the treatment of adult dogs infected with gastro-intestinal roundworms and tapeworms:
- Ascarid spp. (Toxocara canis, Toxocara cati, Toxascaris leonina)
- Ancylostoma spp.
- Trichuris spp
- Taenia spp.
Puppies and kittens: For the treatment of weaned puppies and kittens infected with gastro-intestinal roundworms and puppies infected with protozoa (Giardia spp):
Pregnant dogs: For the treatment of pregnant dogs to reduce prenatal infections with Toxocara canis (roundworm) and the transfer of T.canis and Ancylostoma caninum (hookworm) to their pups via the milk.
Also for the treatment of dogs infected with lungworm Oslerus (Filaroides) osleri or protozoa Giardia spp.
Panacur also kills roundworm eggs.
Dosage for routine treatment of adult dogs:
- 1g sachet treats 2kg bodyweight as a single dose (1.1 - 2.2kg)
- 1.8g sachet treats 4kg bodyweight as a single dose (2.2 - 4.4kg)
- 4.5g sachet treats 10kg bodyweight as a single dose (5 - 10kg)
- Dogs weighing over 10kg, additional sachets are required according to the additional body weight.
Dosage for weaned puppies under 6 months of age:
- Daily dose for 3 consecutive days
- 1g sachet treats 4kg bodyweight daily
- 1.8g treats 8kg bodyweight daily
- 4g dose treats 20kg bodyweight daily
- Daily dose from day 40 of pregnancy continuously to 2 days post-whelping (approximately 25 days)
- 1 g sachet treats 8 kg bodyweight daily
- 1.8 g sachet treats 16 kg bodyweight daily
- 4.5 g sachet treats 40 kg bodyweight daily
- Bitches weighing over 40 kg, additional sachets are required according to the additional bodyweight.
Other doses may be needed and you can talk to one of our expert vets here at MyDogDoc to make sure you're getting the right dose for your dog.
Sold as individual sachets so you can have as many or as few as you need!
Summary of Product Characteristics: