Dechra CleanAural® Dog Ear Cleaner
Dechra CleanAural® Dog Ear Cleaner, mild and effective for regular use with a fresh menthol fragrance. Specially formulated to gently and thoroughly remove dog ear wax and other debris. Available as 50 ml, 100 ml, 250 ml
- Recommended by vets
- Formulated by a leading manufacturer of veterinary products
- Softens and dissolves ear wax
- Degreases and hydrates the skin of the ear canal
- Menthol - fresh fragrance cools and soothes
- Helps eliminate dog ear odour
- Suitable for routine use to maintain healthy dog ears
- pH balanced formula is gentle on dog's ears
- Regular use helps minimise recurring dog ear problems caused by wax build-up
Why choose Dechra CleanAural® Dog Ear Cleaner?
Any dog can be prone to ear problems. Dogs with floppy ears such as spaniels, or those with lots of hair in the ear canal such as poodles, can be particularly prone to a build-up of wax and debris.
Dechra CleanAural® Dog Ear Cleaner has been formulated by a leading manufacturer of veterinary products to be a mild and effective way to clean dogs’ ears. It contains propylene glycol to dissolve wax, degrease and hydrate the delicate skin in your dog’s ears. Menthol cools and soothes with a fresh fragrance. The solution is pH balanced making it as close as possible to the skin’s natural pH. Dechra CleanAural® Dog Ear Cleaner is suitable to use as a routine cleaner for healthy dog ears
How to clean your dog’s ears
- Holding your dog’s head firmly, gently pull the ear flap up to open the ear canal.
- Carefully insert the nozzle into the upper part of the ear canal. Ensure there is a gap between the nozzle and the ear canal before gently squeezing a liberal amount of solution into the ear.
- Massage the ear canal gently but thoroughly, working from the base upwards.
- Allow your dog to shake excess solution from the ear, then gently wipe away loosened wax and debris around the top of the ear, with cotton wool or similar. Do not poke anything down the ear canal – particularly cotton buds – as this may cause damage.
- Inspect the ear and repeat if necessary.
- Clean the other ear.
- Clean your dog’s ears regularly, once or twice a week if wax builds up, or as recommended by your veterinary surgeon. Your dog will quickly get used to it, and the process will get easier.
- Use the ear cleaner in a tiled room or outdoors, so your pet can safely shake its ears to remove any excess solution.
- Always warm the solution to around body temperature before use by holding the bottle in your hand or placing it in a pocket for a few minutes.
- Our video ‘How To Clean Your Dog’s Ears’ shows every step, plus more handy tips and tricks.
Store at room temperature.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
Flammable liquid and vapour. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other sources of ignition.
Water, propylene glycol, isopropyl alcohol, tromethamine, citric acid, l-menthol, chlorothymol, sodium lauryl sulphate
From Dechra Veterinary Products
Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use if you know or suspect the ear drum is not intact.