Hills W/D Weight Management Prescription Diet
Hill's Prescription Diet w/d is specially formulated to help manage your dog's diabetes. With low levels of sugars and an optimal blend of soluble and insoluble fibres, w/d helps regulate their blood sugar and maintain a healthy weight. This blend of balanced nutrients helps your dog live their best life.
How it works:
- Low levels of sugars & an optimal blend of soluble & insoluble fibre
- High quality protein & effective L-carnitine levels
- Appropriate levels of fat & calories
How it helps:
- Helps manage blood sugar
- Helps maintain lean muscle mass
- Helps maintain a healthy body weight
Hill's Prescription Diet w/d is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Important Transition Recommendations:
- For diabetic dogs currently fed with w/d dry, a seven day transition to this new food is recommended, as well as diabetes monitoring. As the caloric density is slightly higher, feeding amounts have to be adapted, following the new feeding guide. The letter to be used on the measuring cup is still F (cup.hillspet.com).
- For dogs that have been on this formula due to fat responsive diseases (hyperlipidemia/hypercholesterolaemia or pancreatitis), a seven day transition to i/d Low Fat is recommended.*
* In the Prescription Diet w/d dog food dry new formula, both the caloric density and fat content have increased. The fat content has gone from 2.8g/100kcal to 3.6g/100kcal.